How the Motability Scheme Works
It's Easy With Motability! You Choose The Car, We Do The Rest
If you receive the Higher Rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance or the War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement, getting a new car is easier and more affordable than ever. Through Motability, you simply turn part or all of that allowance into the ŠKODA of your choice. Check if you're eligible below.
95% of Motability customers choose to lease a car through Motability's Contract Hire agreement, which gives them:
- A new car of your choice every 3 years
- Insurance and personal accident cover
- Servicing and maintenance
- Full breakdown assistance from RAC
- Free replacement tyres fitted by Kwik-Fit
- Window or windscreen replacement at no extra cost
The worry-free policy continues right to the end of your three-year lease with a seamless transfer to your new car.
Are You Eligable for a Motor Car?
To lease a car from Motability, you must be receiving either:
- Higher Rate Mobility Component (HRMC) of the Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement (WPMS) - currently £54.85 per week.
If you choose to lease a car through Motability's Contract Hire scheme you must have at least 12 months' award length remaining. For customers choosing to buy a car with a Hire Purchase agreement, you will need to be receiving the allowance for the full length of your agreement.
Do You Need to Have a Driving Licence?
If you opt for the lease agreement you do not need to drive. You can nominate up to two drivers who may be friends or relatives, and parents or carers can apply on behalf of a child aged three years and upwards.
However, proposed drivers must not have any serious driving convictions, disqualifications, or endorsements within the last five years. There are also some restrictions on drivers under 25 and those with provisional licenses.